MS, D.C. - Research Faculty
Dr. Russell received a Doctor of Chiropractic degree in 1983 from Life University and a master’s degree in 2011 from Georgia State University (Exercise Science, Biomechanics Concentration.) As a professor at Life University, he teaches the courses Introduction to Research Methods and Selected Topics in Biomechanics. The majority of his time is devoted to biomechanics-related research.
- Biomechanical outcomes measures of chiropractic care
Recent publications & conference presentations:
- Russell BS, Hosek RS, Hoiriis KT, Drake ED. A case study involving Chronic Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia and Bilateral Vestibular Hypofunction: balance, gait, and eye movement, before and after multimodal chiropractic care. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine. 2019;18(2):144-54.
- Minicozzi SJ, Russell BS. Increased low back pain in performance of a pelvic tilt maneuver: a short report of 2 cases. Journal of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists. 2019;16(1):3-17.
- Russell BS, Wynd SE, Hosek RS, Owens EF, Hoiriis KT. Rotational kinematics of supine cervical spine manipulation: a pilot study [abstract]. Congress of the World Federation of Chiropractic and European Chiropractors’ Union, March 2019.
- Owens EF, Hosek RS, Russell BS. Mechanical properties of a thoracic spine mannequin with variable stiffness control. Association of Chiropractic Colleges’ Research Agenda Conference (ACC-RAC), March 2019.
- Russell BS, Hoiriis KT, Hosek RS. Walking gait before and after chiropractic care following fifth metatarsal fractures: a single case kinetic and kinematic study. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine. 2018;17(2):106-16.
- Owens EF, Russell BS, Hosek RS, Sullivan SGB, Dever LL, Mullin LE. Changes in adjustment force, speed, and direction factors in chiropractic students after 10 weeks undergoing standard technique training. Journal of Chiropractic Education. 2017;32(1):3-9.
- Hoiriis KT, Russell BS. Case report: a patient with low back pain and somatic referred pain concomitant with intermittent claudication in a chiropractic practice. Topics in Integrative Health Care. 2014;5(1):ID 5.1004.
- Russell BS, Hoiriis KT, Guagliardo J. Correlation between student performances on course level integrated clinical skills examinations and Objective Structured Clinical Examinations in a chiropractic college program. Journal of Chiropractic Education. 2012 Fall;26(2);138-45.
- Russell BS, Muhlenkamp KA, Hoiriis KT, DeSimone CM. Measurement of lumbar lordosis in static standing posture, with and without high-heeled shoes. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine. 2012;11(3):145-53.